Always Fresh Pastries with Whipped Cream Recipe
These always fresh pastries are easy to make and the interesting is that you will use whipped cream powder. In the afternoon with a cup of tea these pastries are snack for you or for your breakfast they are delicious and quick treats instead of bread.
For the dough;
- 200 grams butter or margarine (at the room temperature),
- 1 teacup of vegetable oil (110 ml.),
- 1 cup of warm milk,
- 2 eggs (one of the egg yolks is for the top),
- 1 packet of instant yeast (10 grams),
- 1 packet of whipped cream powder (75 grams),
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt,
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar,
- 2 teaspoons of salt ,
- 6 – 6,5 cups of all purpose flour (the cup is: 200 ml.).
For the top;
- 1 egg yolk,
- A flick of powdered sugar or a very little amount of molasses.
Process of Always Fresh Pastries with Whipped Cream Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the dough, combine all the ingredients except for the yeast and the flour in a deep bowl.
Add the yeast and add the flour slowly.
Get a soft and lightly sticky dough.
Clean your hands and gather the dough and cover the dough.
Leave it to rise for 30 minutes.
Take mandarin size pieces from the dough and roll them in your palm then place them in a greased tray by leaving some space between each dough balls.
Leave them in the tray to rise for 30 minutes.
Mix a very little amount of molasses and the egg yolk in a small bowl and brush it on the balls.
Then bake them in the preheated oven at 170°C until they get golden brown.
This always fresh pastries recipe is for 20 pastries. The number of the pastries can change according to the size of the dough balls.