Apple Rose Cookies Recipe
This apple rose cookies recipe is easy to make and looks very beautiful and also taste delicious! They are perfect treats for the afternoon tea time.
For the dough;
- 100 grams butter or margarine (at the room temperature),
- 1 egg,
- 1 teacup of vegetable oil (the teacup size is : 110 ml./ 3.7 oz),
- 1 teacup of yogurt,
- 1 teacup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 5 grams of vanilla powder,
- 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (the cup size is: 200 ml. / 6.8 oz).
For the filling;
- 2 middle size apples,
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar,
- 1 coffee spoon of cinnamon,
- A half cup of crushed walnut.
For the top;
- Powdered sugar.
Process of Apple Rose Cookies Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the filling, peel the apples and grate them.
Add the sugar and cook until it absorbs the juice.
Add the cinnamon and the crushed walnut and mix.
Then remove it from the stove and leave it to cool.
To prepare the dough, combine all the ingredients except for the flour in a bowl.
Add the flour slowly and knead well.
Get a soft dough.
Take orange size pieces from the dough and roll out in 2 or 3 mm. thickness between two plastic wrap sheets by using a rolling pin.
Then use a cup to cut out some round pieces.
Then cut the border, get 4 slices.
Place the filling in the center of the dough and cover the slices on the filling and get a rose shaped cookie.
Continue with the dough left.
Place the shaped cookies on a baking sheet in a tray.
Bake them in the preheated oven at 180°C until they get golden and leave them to cool.
When they get cool enough, sprinkle some powdered sugar on them and serve.
This apple rose cookies recipe is for 48 cookies.