Banana Cake with Leftover Cake Recipe
What can be done with leftover cake? It might still look incredible, but the texture is dry and the flavor isn’t quite what it was the day baked. Don’t despair, though: even dried-out cake can be transformed into a perfect cake. Here is the our delicious banana cake with leftover cake recipe.
- 4 cups of crumbled plain leftover cake,
- 1 banana,
- 2 tablespoons of butter (100 grams),
- 4 – 5 tablespoons of milk (If needed),
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder,
- 1 teacup of crushed walnut or hazelnut.
For the custard;
- 3 cups of milk (600 ml.),
- 1 egg,
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour,
- 1 tablespoon of starch,
- 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar,
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams).
For the top;
- Grated coconut.
Process of Banana cake with Leftover Cake Recipe
Firstly, crumble the leftover cake.
Add the mashed banana, cocoa powder, melted butter and crushed walnut and mix well.
If needed, add the milk and get a soft mixture.
Place the mixture in a small square pyrex and spread it by pressing on with your hands.
To prepare the custard, mix all the ingredients except for the butter and the vanilla for 1 minutes in a pot.
Then cook it by stirring until it gets thick over medium heat.
After it gets thick enough, remove it from the stove and add the butter and the vanilla and mix for 2 or 3 minutes by using a mixer.
Pour the custard on the cake mixture in the pyrex and spread.
Leave the cake to cool at the room temperature and then leave it to cool in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 hours.
When it gets cool enough, decorate how you like and serve.