Birthday Cake Recipe
Make your birthday cake at home with this easy to make and step by step directions birthday cake recipe.
For the sponge cake;
- 4 eggs (at the room temperature),
- A flick of salt,
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (the cup size is 200 ml.),
- 4 tablespoons of warm water,
- 1 grated orange or lemon peel (If you desire),
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 1 cup and 1 full tablespoon of all purpose flour,
- 10 grams baking powder (1 packet),
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams).
To make the sponge cake wet;
- 1 teacup of milk (110 ml.),
- 1 coffee spoon of granulated sugar.
For the cream;
- 3 cups of milk (600 ml.),
- 2,5 tablespoons of all purpose flour,
- 1 tablespoon of starch,
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar,
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams),
- 1 packet of whipped cream powder (75 grams).
For the filling;
- 1 banana (or any fruit you desire).
- A half teacup of chocolate chips.
For the top;
- 1 packet of whipped cream powder (75 grams),
- 1 cup of milk (200 ml.),
- Chocolate chips,
- Cocoa powder,
- 1 packet of sponge finger biscuits,
- 1 teacup of milk (110 ml.).
Process of Birthday Cake Recipe
For the beginning, to prepare the sponge cake, put the egg yolks and the egg whites in separate deep bowls.
Add a flick of salt in the egg whites and mix by using a mixer until it gets foamy
Add the sugar in the egg yolks and mix them by using a mixer for almost 3 minutes.
And also add the vegetable oil, warm water, grated orange or lemon peel and continue to mix.
Then add the baking powder, flour and the vanilla and mix it by stirring.
Finally add the mixed eggs whites also and mix by stirring slowly.
Place a baking sheet at the bottom of a springform pan and pour the cake batter in.
Place the springform pan in the oven and add some water in the tray and place the tray under the cake pan.
Bake it in the preheated oven at 165°C for 25 minutes.
After the 25 minutes, check the cake by using a toothpick and bake it for more 5 minutes.
Then turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven for 5 minutes.
Open the cover of the oven and leave the cake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Cut the cake in half.
For the cream;
Put all the ingredients except for the vanilla and whipped cream powder in a pot and mix.
Cook it by stirring until it gets thick.
When it gets thick enough, add the vanilla and mix then leave it to get warm.
After it gets warm, add the whipped cream powder and mix for 3 or 4 minutes.
Place the bottom slice of the cake on a serving plate and make the cake wet by pouring some sugar and milk mixture.
Place the 3/4 of the cream on the bottom slice and spread.
Then place banana slices on the cream and sprinkle the chocolate chips.
Finally place the other cake slice on them.
Cover the cake with the cream left.
Leave the cake to cool in the refrigerator for 15 or 20 minutes.
To decorate the cake, mix the whipped cream powder and the milk until it gets foamy.
Cover the cake with the half of the whipped cream.
Divide the sponge finger biscuits in half and dip them in the milk and place them around the cake one by one.
Put the whipped cream left in a pipping bag and squeeze the whipped cream on the cake.
Sift cocoa powder on the cake and sprinkle some chocolate chips on the cake and tie ribbon around the cake on the sponge finger biscuits.
Your birthday cake is ready for party or as a gift.