Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
They are golden with chewy chocolate chips, crinkled edges and melt-in-your-mouth interiors. Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to favorite dessert, sweet snack.
- 150 grams margarine or butter (at the room temperature),
- 1,5 cups of granulated sugar (If you have light brown sugar, add it mixing with the granulated sugar),
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (240 grams, the cup is 200 ml.),
- A half teaspoon of carbonate,
- A half teaspoon of baking powder,
- 1 egg,
- A half teaspoon of salt,
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams),
- 200 grams grated chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips.
Process of Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Firstly, preheat the oven to 170°C.
Then, to prepare the chocolate chip cookies dough, mix the butter, granulated sugar and egg in a deep bowl by using a mixer until it gets creamy.
Then add the salt, baking powder, carbonate, vanilla and flour and mix them.
Get a sticky dough.
At the end, add the semisweet chocolate chips and mix by using a spatula.
Before taking walnut sized pieces from the dough, make your hands wet with water.
Then roll the pieces in your palm and place them on a baking sheet in to a tray by leaving some space between each cookie.
Lightly press on them by using your fingers and bake them in the preheated oven at 170°C until their edges get lightly golden for almost 10 minutes.
After baking, do not remove them from the tray.
Leave them to cool in the tray (because they are so soft to remove).
When they get cool enough, serve them with a cup of tea or coffee or with a glass of milk.
This chocolate chip cookies recipe is for 22 or 23 cookies.
While baking the cookies, they spread so place them in the tray by leaving some space between each cookie.
Do not use much more flour, the dough should be sticky and do not bake them for more than 10 minutes (If you bake them for more than 10 minutes, they get dried).