Chocolate Pudding Filled Pastries Recipe
These chocolate pudding filled pastries are out of this world. Give it a try, you will justify me.
For the dough;
- 4 1/2 or 5 cups of all purpose flour (the cup size is 200 ml.),
- 1 teacup of vegetable oil (110 ml.),
- 1 egg white (the egg yolk is for the top),
- A flick of salt,
- 1 packet of baking powder (10 grams),
- 1 packet of instant yeast (10 grams),
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar,
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (300 ml.).
For the filling;
- 1 packet of chocolate pudding (147 grams),
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (300 ml.),
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar (you can increase or decrease the amount of the sugar).
For the top;
- Egg yolk,
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil,
- 1 flick of granulated sugar,
- Powdered sugar.
Process of Chocolate Pudding Filled Pastries Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the dough, combine all the ingredients except for the flour in a deep bowl.
Add the flour slowly and knead well then get a soft but not sticky dough.
To prepare the filling, put the pudding powder in a pot and add the milk and cook by stirring until it gets thick.
Then leave it to cool.
Take walnut size pieces from the dough and roll them in your palm.
Roll out the dough lengthwise, make a rectangular shaped sheet and place a tablespoon of pudding on one side of the dough.
Make 5 cuts on the other side of the rectangle.
Fold the rectangle over the filling and roll it.
The edge should be underneath while placing the shaped pastry in a greased tray.
Continue with the other dough rolls.
Then mix the sugar, vegetable oil and the egg yolk in a small bowl.
Brush the mixture on the pastries and leave them in the tray to rise for 20 minutes before baking.
At the end of the time, bake them in the oven at 180°C until they get golden brown and then leave them in the tray to cool.
Sprinkle some powdered sugar on them before serving.
This chocolate pudding filled pastries recipe is for 16 pastries.