Coffee Cake Recipe
I love this easy to make, moist and delicious coffee cake recipe. It will satisfy your sweet tooth.
For the cake mixture;
- 2 eggs,
- A half cup of yogurt,
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar,
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams),
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder,
- 2 cups of all purpose flour,
- 1 flick of salt,
- A half cup of vegetable oil (100 ml.),
- 50 grams margarine or butter,
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder,
- 1 tablespoon of Turkish Coffee (powdered coffee),
- A half teaspoon of ground cinnamon,
- 1 cup of water (200 ml.).
For the top;
- Chocolate sauce.
The cup size is: 200 ml.
Process of Coffee Cake Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the cake mixture, put the flour in a deep bowl. Add the baking powder, sugar and salt and mix them well.
In a small pan, mix the vegetable oil, margarine, water, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon and Turkish coffee. Heat the mixture, do not boil it (heat the mixture until the margarine melts).
Pour the mixture in to the flour, sugar mixture and mix by using a wire beater. Then add the eggs, vanilla and yogurt, mix well.
Grease a cake pan and sprinkle some flour then pour the cake batter in it. Bake it in the preheated oven at 170°C for 30 or 35 minutes. Check the cake by using a toothpick then open the cover of the oven and leave the cake in it for 5 minutes.
Take the cake out from the oven and remove the cake from the cake pan by turning it on a serving plate. After it gets cool enough, decorate the coffee cake how you desire, slice and serve.