Dinner Rolls without Butter Recipe
These delicious dinner rolls are soft, fluffy and without butter or margarine. It’s easy and healthier than most other recipes that use butter.
- 2 packets instant yeast (20 grams),
- 1 egg white (the egg yolk is for the top),
- 2 cups of milk (400 ml.),
- 1 teacup of water (85 ml.),
- 1,5 teacups of vegetable oil (85 ml.),
- 2,5 coffee spoons of salt,
- 5,5 coffee spoons of granulated sugar,
- 6-7 cups of all purpose flour (the cup size is 200 ml.).
For the top;
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1 coffee spoon of vegetable oil.
- Sesame seeds,
- Black cumin seeds.
Process of Dinner Rolls without Butter Recipe
Put the milk and the water in a pot and heat but not boil.
Then pour the milk and water mixture in a deep bowl.
Add all the ingredients except for the flour and mix them well.
Add the flour slowly and knead well.
Get a soft but not sticky dough.
Cover the dough and leave it to rise for 1 hour.
Take mandarin size pieces from the dough and roll them in your palm.
Then place them on a baking sheet in a tray.
Leave the rolls in the tray to rise for 10 minutes before baking.
Mix the egg yolk and the vegetable oil in a small bowl and brush it on the rolls.
Sprinkle some sesame seeds and black cumin seeds on the rolls.
Then bake them in the preheated oven at 180°C until they get golden brown.
Serve the dinner rolls hot.
You can save these dinner rolls without butter in the freezer, when you need, heat them and serve.
Give this pastry recipe a try for your family or your guests.