Ezme – Turkish Spicy Salad Recipe
Ezme – Turkish spicy salad is considered as a salad or mezze in Turkish cuisine. It is the most common side dish served with kebabs at kebab restaurants.
- 4 tomatoes,
- 1 cucumber,
- 3 green peppers,
- 2 chili peppers (to taste),
- Handful of flat leaf parsley (finely chopped),
- 1 coffee spoon of red pepper paste,
- 1 tea spoon of red pepper crushed,
- 1 tea spoon of red pepper powder,
- 1 tea spoon of mint,
- 1 coffee spoon of vinegar,
- 1 tea spoon of pomegranate syrup (or juice of half a lemon),
Process of Ezme – Turkish Spicy Salad Recipe
Wash the tomatoes, peppers and cucumber and cut them into four pieces.
Remove the seeds of peppers and tomatoes.
Then, grate all vegetables.
Place all grated vegetables in a bowl and add the other ingredients.
Mix well, and let it sit for at least an hour.
Ezme can be served by itself as a cold starter or a meze.
It also works extremely well as an accompaniment to grilled meat (especially lamb) or fish.