Mandarin Shortbread Cookies Recipe
These mandarin shortbread cookies are really so delicious, made with fresh squeezed mandarin juice. Serve with a warm cup of coffee or tea.
- 110 grams margarine or butter (at the room temperature),
- 1 egg,
- Freshly squeezed 2 mandarins juice,
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams),
- A half packet of baking powder (5 grams),
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (not fully),
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (the cup is 200 ml.).
Process of Mandarin Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the cookie dough, combine the butter and the egg in a bowl. Add the mandarin juice, sugar, vanilla and the baking powder. Add the flour slowly and knead well. Get a soft dough.
Take mandarin size pieces from the dough and roll them on a plain surface. Press slightly on the rolled long dough pieces and make lines on it by using a fork. Then cut the long dough diagonally. Place them on a baking sheet in a tray.
Then continue with the dough left and bake them in the preheated oven at 180°C until their bottoms get golden for almost 10 or 15 minutes. Do not let them get golden brown. When they get cool enough in the tray, serve with a cup of tea or coffee.
This mandarin shortbread cookies recipe is for 54 cookies.