Melt-in-your-mouth Black Sesame Cookies Recipe
These easy black sesame cookies are made with common ingredients to create a melt-in-your-mouth treat that is perfect with afternoon tea.
For the dough;
- 250 grams margarine (at room temperature),
- 1 teacup of vegetable oil (110 ml.),
- 1 egg white (separate the egg white to brush it on),
- 2 coffee spoons granulated sugar,
- 1 packet of baking powder (10 grams),
- 1 coffee spoon of salt,
- 3 tablespoons of black seeds,
- 5 cups all-purpose flour (the cup size is 200 ml.).
For the top;
- Egg yolk.
Process of Melt-in-your-mouth Black Sesame Cookies Recipe
Prepare the black sesame cookies dough. Except for the flour, put all the ingredients in a deep bowl. Mix them by using your hand. And add the flour gradually. Knead your dough until it gets soft but not sticky.
Take big pieces from the dough like oranges. And roll them by your hand to turn them into the long pipes. Flatten the long pipes by using your fingers lightly. Then cut the dough diamond shapes pieces.
Place them on the greased tray. And brush the egg yolk on the cookies.
Bake them into the preheated oven at 180°C until they get golden brown. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool. After the cookies cool down, you can serve.
They get nicer when they are made one day in advance.
With this black sesame cookies recipe you can get 70 cookies.
If you liked this salty sesame cookies recipe, you will love our other salty cookies recipes.