Moist Orange Cake Recipe
This moist orange cake without frosting is easy to make and the result is always delicious with orange slices and coconut flakes on top.
For the cake mixture;
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup of granulated sugar,
- A half cup of vegetable oil (100 ml.),
- 10 grams baking powder (1 packet),
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams),
- 1 cup and a tablespoon of all purpose flour.
To moist the cake;
- 1 cup of orange juice (200 ml.),
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar (add the sugar according to the sweetness of the orange).
For the top;
- Grated coconut,
- Grated orange peel.
Process of Moist Orange Cake Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the cake batter, mix the eggs and the sugar in a deep bowl by using a mixer until foamy.
Add the vegetable oil and the vanilla and mix.
Finally add the flour and the baking powder and mix.
Pour the cake batter in a greased ground pyrex.
Bake it in the preheated oven at 170°C until its top gets golden.
When its top gets golden, turn off the oven but do not open the cover.
Leave the cake in the oven for 2 or 3 minutes and then take the cake out from the oven.
Mix the sugar and the orange juice.
After the cake gets cool, pour the orange juice on the cake.
Leave the cake until it absorbs the orange juice.
Then decorate the cake with the orange slices and the grated coconut and serve.