Nightingale’s Nest Dessert Recipe
This nightingale’s nest dessert (Turkish dessert) is alike the other Turkish dessert baklava, this dessert is equally delicious but with a different style.
For the dough;
- 125 grams margarine or butter (at the room temperature) (a half packet),
- 110 ml. vegetable oil (1 teacup),
- 110 ml. milk (1 teacup),
- 1 tablespoon of semolina,
- 1 flick of salt,
- A half packet of baking powder (5 grams),
- 3 – 3,5 cups of all purpose flour (the cup is: 200 ml.).
For the top;
- 1 egg yolk (the egg white to stick the dough pieces),
For the top;
- Crushed walnut or hazelnut (If you desire, you can add some cinnamon powder).
For the syrup;
- 3 cups of granulated sugar,
- 3,5 cups of water,
- 4 – 5 drops of lemon.
Process of Nightingale’s Nest Dessert Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the syrup, combine the water and the syrup in a pot.
Mix them until the sugar dissolves.
Then boil it.
When it starts to boil, add the lemon juice and continue to boil for 20 minutes over low heat.
Then remove it from the stove and leave it to cool.
To prepare the dough, combine all the ingredients except for the baking powder and the flour in a deep bowl.
Add the baking powder and add the flour slowly and knead well.
Get a soft but not sticky dough.
Roll out the dough in 0,5 cm thickness by using a rolling pin on a plain slightly floured surface.
Cut out circles by using a teacup.
Then for the half of the circles, use a smaller circle to cut out the middle.
Dip the ring shaped doughs in the egg white and place them on the circles.
Place them in to a greased tray.
Brush egg yolk on them.
Bake them in the preheated oven at 175°C until they get golden.
After baking, pour the cool syrup on the hot desserts.
Then leave them to cool and absorb the syrup for almost 3 or 4 hours.
When you place in a serving plate, place some crushed walnut or hazelnut in to the hole on the dessert.
This nightingale’s nest dessert recipe is for 25 desserts.