Orzo Pilaf Recipe
This simple orzo pilaf is a stove top side dish that is perfect for a wide variety of meals.
- 1 cup of orzo,
- 1,5 tablespoons of butter,
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil,
- A half chicken bouillon (I didn’t add but If you want you can add it),
- 1 and a half more cups of hot water,
- A half teacup of hot water (after cooked,pour the water to make the orzo absorb the water and get tender).
The cup size: 200 ml.
Process of Orzo Pilaf Recipe
In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the vegetable oil.
Then add the half of the orzo and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted.
After that, add the orzo left and stir again.
Add one and a half more cups of hot water, salt and if you want chicken bouillon.
Cover and cook over low heat until the orzo absorb the water.
After the orzo absorb the water turn off the stove and add the half teacup of hot water in it.
Stir and cover again and leave it to absorb the water for 15 minutes.
Then serve the orzo pilaf hot.
Easy to make and easy to eat. Get and share this orzo pilaf recipe.