Pepper Bread Recipe
This savory pepper bread is tender and loaded with flavor from finely chopped peppers and onion. It’s great served as an appetizer or alongside your favorite dinner entree.
For the dough;
- 1 cup of warm milk,
- A half cup of warm water,
- 1 coffee spoon of salt,
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar,
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 1 packet of instant yeast (10 grams),
- 3,5 cups of all purpose flour (the cup is 200 ml.).
The sauce for the top;
- 2 big size onion,
- 1 green pepper,
- 1 tablespoon of pepper paste,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds,
- 1 coffee spoon of black cumin seeds,
- 1 coffee spoon of dried mint,
- 1 coffee spoon of dried thyme,
- 1 coffee spoon of red pepper flakes (if you desire),
- A half bunch of parsley,
- 1 teacup of vegetable oil (110 ml.).
Process of Pepper Bread Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the pepper bread dough, combine all the ingredients except for the flour and the yeast in a deep bowl.
Add the yeast and add the flour slowly into the mixture and knead well.
Get a lightly sticky dough.
Clean your hands and them make your hands floured and knead the dough.
Then cover the dough and leave the dough to rise for an hour.
To prepare the sauce for the top, chop the onions and sprinkle salt on them.
Rub the chopped onion with salt by using your fingers (it helps removing the bitter juice out).
Drain the bitter juice and mix them with finely chopped peppers and parsley.
Then add the other ingredients and mix them.
Make your hands greased and take mandarin size pieces from the dough and roll them in your palms (almost 12 or 13 dough pieces).
Press lightly on the dough pieces on a plain surface and place them into a greased tray.
Leave them to rise in the tray for almost 15 or 20 minutes. Then place the pepper sauce on the bread dough and spread.
Bake them in the preheated oven at 180°C until they get golden brown.
This pepper bread recipe is for 12 or 13 pepper breads.