Poppy Seed Cookies Recipe
These sweet poppy seed cookies with chocolate sauce and coconut are absolutely delicious and easy to make.
- 1 packet of butter or margarine (250 grams),
- 110 ml. vegetable oil (1 teacup),
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup of powdered sugar (the cup size is 200 ml.),
- 10 grams baking powder (1 packet),
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams),
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds,
- Flour how much requires.
- Dark (bitter) chocolate (80 grams),
- Grated coconut.
Process of Poppy Seed Cookies Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the dough, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl.
Add the flour slowly and knead well, get a soft but not sticky dough.
Take walnut size pieces from the dough and roll them in your palm.
Press on them slightly and shape them by pressing with a fork on one side of the dough.
Then place them on a baking sheet in a tray.
Bake them in the preheated oven at 180°C until they get slightly golden.
After baking, leave them to cool in the tray.
Melt the chocolate (benmarie style melting).
After the cookies get cool enough, dip one side of the cookies firstly in the chocolate sauce then the grated coconut.
Then place the poppy seed cookies in the tray and leave them in the refrigerator until the chocolate gets firm and serve.