Potato Cake Recipe
Great for breakfast! These quick and easy potato cake will have all the family members coming back for more. It is the most liked recipe in our breakfast and brunch recipes category.
- 1 cup of corn flour (the cup size is 200 ml.),
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour,
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (100 ml.),
- 1 1/2 cup of yogurt (300 ml.),
- 10 grams baking powder (1 packet),
- 1 coffee spoon of salt,
- 1/2 cup of grated kashar or feta cheese,
- 2 middle size potatoes,
- 1 leek or 5-6 green onion,
- A pinch of parsley,
- 3 eggs (separate one of them’s egg yolk and egg white).
For its above;
- 1 egg yolk,
- Sesame seeds,
- Black sesame seeds.
Process of Potato Cake Recipe
For the potato cake, first peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
Chop the leak and the parsley finely.
Put the eggs except for one of them’s egg yolk in a deep bowl and beat them. Add the vegetable oil, yogurt and baking powder and continue beating. Add the other ingredients except for the flour into the mixture. Mix them by the help of a spoon. At last add the flour and mix.
Pour the prepared cake mixture into the greased baking pyrex and evenly spread it. And brush the egg yolk onto the mixture and spread sesame and black sesame seeds.
Bake it into the preheated to 170°C oven until it gets golden brown. Remove it from the oven, slice and serve hot.
If you liked this savory potato cake recipe, then see our other breakfast and brunch recipes.