Raisin Cake Recipe
This raisin cake is quick and easy and tastes wonderful. And also it is great for breakfast, brunch or after school snack for kids.
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup of granulated sugar,
- 1 cup of milk (200 ml.),
- 125 grams melted butter or margarine,
- A half cup of vegetable oil (100 ml.),
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams),
- 1 packet of baking powder (10 grams),
- 3 cups and 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour (the cup size is: 200 ml.),
- 1 teacup of raisins,
- 200 ml. water (you will put the raisins in the water),
- 1 coffee spoon of all purpose flour (to sprinkle on the raisins ).
The teacup size is 110 ml.
Process of Raisin Cake Recipe
Firstly, before preparing the raisin cake mixture, put the raisins and the water in a bowl, leave the raisins in the water for 1 hour. Then wash and drain them.
Melt the butter or the margarine and leave it to cool.
Grease the cake pan with a margarine and sprinkle some flour.
To prepare the cake batter, mix the eggs and the sugar until it gets foamy by using a mixer. Add the melted butter, vegetable oil and the milk and mix. Add the vanilla, baking powder and the flour and mix well.
Pour the half of the batter in the greased cake pan.
Sprinkle the flour on the washed and drained raisins. Add the floured raisins in the cake batter in the bowl and mix. Pour the raisin batter left in the greased cake pan.
Bake the cake in the preheated oven at 160°C. For the first 30 minutes, do not open the oven cover. If the cake gets golden but its inside is not baked, then lower the oven heat and continue to bake.
After checking the raisin cake by using a toothpick, take the cake out from the oven.