Raisin Cookies Recipe
This the best recipe for soft and chewy raisin cookies you’ll ever make.
For the dough;
- 1 cup of granulated sugar,
- 2 eggs (one of the egg yolks is for the top),
- 200 ml. vegetable oil (1 cup),
- 1 cup of raisins,
- 1 grated lemon peel,
- 5 grams vanilla (1 packet),
- 10 grams baking powder (1 packet),
- 3 cups of all purpose flour (the cup is: 200 ml.).
For the top;
- Egg yolk
Process of Raisin Cookies Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the dough, mix the eggs and the sugar in a deep bowl with a wire beater.
Add the grated lemon peel, vegetable oil, vanilla and washed and drained raisins.
Add the baking powder and add the flour slowly and knead.
If needed, add one more tablespoon of flour.
Get a soft and slightly sticky dough.
Take mandarin size pieces from the dough and roll them in your palm.
Place the cookies on a baking sheet in a tray.
Brush the egg yolk on them.
Make lines on them by using a fork.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 180°C until they get golden.
Serve the cookies warm or cool.
This raisin cookies recipe is for almost 30 cookies.