Rock Cookies Recipe
There are a number of versions of these old-fashioned Rock Cookies, but this one is flavored with cinnamon. And also the cookies contain both the hazelnut or walnut and raisins. It is such an easy recipe to do that you can make with your children in a very short time.
- 100 grams of butter or margarine (at the room temperature),
- 1 cup of powdered sugar,
- 1 teacup of granulated sugar (the teacup is 110 ml.),
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt,
- 2 tablespoons of starch,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder,
- 3-35 cups of all purpose flour (the cup is 200 ml.),
- A half cup crushed hazelnut or walnut,
- 1 cup of raisins (seedless),
- A half cup of currant (If desired).
Process of Rock Cookies Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the dough, mix the butter at the room temperature, powdered sugar, vegetable oil by using your fingers in a deep bowl.
Then add the yogurt, starch, cinnamon powder, baking powder and mix.
Add the flour slowly and knead well.
Get a soft but not sticky dough.
Finally add the crushed walnut and raisins and knead again.
Take walnut sized pieces from the dough and do not make anything to shape them.
Place them as you take from the dough on a baking sheet in to a tray.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 170°C until they get lightly brown.
Then take them out from the oven and serve when they get cool.
This rock cookies recipe is for 52 cookies.