Salted Cumin Cookies Recipe
These salted cumin cookies are best tea time snacks and the texture is so delicate that it literally melts in your mouth. Try and get the pleasing result.
For the dough;
- 125 grams margarine (melt and leave it to cool),
- A half cup of vegetable oil,
- 1 egg white (the egg yolk is for the top)
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar,
- 2 tablespoons of black cumin seeds (If you want, you can increase the amount of black cumin seeds)
- 1 coffee spoon of salt,
- 1 packet of baking powder (10 grams),
- 2,5 cups of all purpose flour (the cup is 200 ml.).
For the top;
- Egg yolk.
Process of Salted Cumin Cookies Recipe
Firstly, melt the margarine and leave it to cool in a deep bowl.
Add the vegetable oil, egg white, powdered sugar, black cumin seeds, salt, baking powder in the bowl and mix.
Then add the flour slowly and knead well.
Get a soft dough (the amount of the flour can change so add slowly while kneading).
Take pieces bigger than hazelnut from the dough and roll them in your palm.
Place them on a baking sheet in to a tray.
Brush the egg yolk on them.
Bake them in the preheated oven at 180°C until they get golden brown.
After baking, leave them in the tray to get cool.
This salted cumin cookies recipe is for 60 mini cookies (the number of the cookies can change according to the size of the cookies).
Add the flour slowly while kneading.
If you add much more flour, then add some vegetable oil.
These salted cumin cookies stay fresh for long.