Spinach Cake with Whipped Cream Recipe
It’s a great way to get your kids to eat spinach, without them even knowing! This spinach cake with whipped cream is easy, delicious and also healthy.
For the cake mixture;
- 100 – 150 grams spinach,
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (the cup size is 200 ml.),
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (200 ml.),
- 1,5 tablespoons of spinach puree,
- 1 cup of semolina,
- 10 grams baking powder (1 packet),
- 1 packet of vanilla (5 grams).
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (the cup is: 200 ml.).
For the syrup;
- 3 cups of water (600 ml.),
- 2 cups of granulated sugar,
- A quarter of a lemon’s juice.
For the top;
- 1 packet of whipped cream powder (75 grams),
- 1 cup of milk (200 ml.).
Process of Spinach Cake with Whipped Cream Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the syrup, put the water and the sugar in a pot and leave it to boil.
After it starts to boil, add the lemon juice and boil it for more 5 minutes then turn off the stove and leave it to get warm.
Wash the 100 or 150 grams spinach and drain.
Put them in a pot and cook them with their own juice.
Then make the spinach puree by using a blender.
To prepare the spinach cake, mix the eggs and the sugar in a deep bowl until it gets foamy.
Add the vegetable oil, semolina and the spinach puree and mix.
Finally add the vanilla, baking powder and the flour and mix well.
Pour the cake mixture in a greased ground pyrex and bake it in the preheated oven at 170°C.
After baking, take the cake out from the oven and leave it for 5 minutes.
Then pour the warm syrup on it.
Leave the cake for absorbs the syrup.
Mix the whipped cream powder and the milk until it gets foamy and leave it in the refrigerator.
Spread the whipped cream on the spinach cake and decorate with nuts then serve.