Sponge Fingers Dessert with Custard Recipe
Sponge fingers dessert really is that easy! If you like sponge fingers, vanilla custard and trifle desserts, then this one is for you!
- 11-12 sponge finger biscuits. (The number of the biscuits can change according to the size of the tray).
For the syrup;
- 1 cup of water (200 ml.),
- A half cup of granulated sugar.
For the custard;
- 3 cups of milk (the cup is: 200 ml.),
- 2,5 tablespoons of all purpose flour,
- 1,5 tablespoons of starch,
- 1 cup of granulated sugar,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 5 grams of vanilla (1 packet),
- 25 grams of butter (1 tablespoon).
Process of Sponge Fingers Dessert with Custard Recipe
Firstly, to prepare the syrup, mix the sugar and the water in a pot and leave it to boil.
After it starts to boil, continue to boil for more 5 minutes over low heat and then remove it from the stove.
Wait for only one minute and then dip the sponge fingers biscuits in the syrup and place them in a pyrex.
The pyrex is 29*18.
To prepare the custard, mix all the ingredients except for the vanilla and the butter in a pot by using a wire beater until it gets smooth.
Then cook it by stirring until it gets thick.
When it gets thick enough, add the vanilla and the butter and mix well.
Turn off the stove and pour the custard on the sponge finger biscuits and spread.
Leave the dessert to cool in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 hours.
Then decorate the sponge fingers dessert how you like and serve.